Useful Plumbing Tools
Important Plumbing Tools for Your Toolbox
PLUMBING TOOLS COMMONLY NEED
Most people love the idea of owning their own home. Many people look forward to doing those odd jobs around the house and pride themselves on having the right tools to do the job, especially doing their basic repairs like fixing leaks and unclogging pipes and drains.
Being prepared for those leaky faucets and challenging clogs with the right plumbing tools and supplies can save the homeowner from costly water damage repairs down the line.
Basic Plumbing Tools Every Homeowner Should Have
Besides the standard toolkit tools of hammer, nails, screwdrivers and wrenches, here are a few basic tools for doing those household pipe repairs:
- Plunger - This handy clog remover should be in every home. Toilets can become clogged at any time.
- Toilet Auger - This plumbing tool is a long, steel cable designed to go down into toilet pipes and manually remove clogs.
- Hand Auger - This plumbing tool uses a hand crank and a long cable to remove clogs from shower drains, sinks and drain lines. The hand auger can be used on toilet clogs if the plunger doesn't work.
- Hacksaw - The hacksaw is a plumbing tool used to cut into metal like pipe tubing, screws, bolts and even PVC materials.
- Metal File - The metal file is a plumbing tool smooths the sharp, jagged surface of exposed ends of the cut pipe.
- Channel Lock Pliers - These is the most versatile of plumbing tools for tightening, loosening, gripping, pulling and twisting almost anything. They are also known as tongue and groove pliers.
- Tubing Cutter - This plumbing tool is used to create a clean, easy cut into metal tubing.
- Adjustable Wrench - Adjustable wrenches are plumbing tools used for fittings that are shaped like hexagons.
- 2 Pipe Wrenches - Pipe wrenches are plumbing tools used together, one for holding and the other for turning threaded pipes.
- Basin Wrenches - This plumbing tool is specially shaped to fit around the odd pipe shapes under sinks.
More experienced handymen also use propane to weld piping and make more advanced home repairs. There are many different types of plumbing tools available in the hardware industry today.
Plumbers and handymen have a fantastic selection of plumbing tools and supplies to choose from that make jobs much easier to tackle. The best part about using these items is that they are often available at your local DIY centre at affordable prices.
Many DIY centres have a fine selection of guttering products, heavy-duty gas line products, and underground drainage supplies. These products are produced using high-quality plastics, brass alloys and other materials that can withstand heat and cold quite well. Furthermore, they are obtainable in an assortment of widths ranging from 15 mm to 30 mm. As a result, they can be easily used in a wide variety of pipe installation projects, refitting projects and other outdoor home improvement projects that require high-quality products.
Many DIY centres have a fine selection of indoor plumbing tools. For example, most plumbers and handymen can find at their DIY centre a fine selection of toilet fittings, washing accessories, underfloor heating products and a host of water treatment products. These items are produced from high-quality UPC plastics, copper alloys, nickel alloys and other materials that comply with local and national building codes. They are also available in a variety of sizes, shapes and widths that make it easy to find the right items for a project.
Furthermore, many DIY centres also have a fine selection of plumbing tools. For example, many plumbers can find pipe fitting tools, pipe cutters, pipe benders and pipe wrenches at their local DIY centres. Plumbers and handymen can also find a good selection of gloves, caulking products and bonding agents. Many of these products are found in sections that cater to plumbers that need to find durable tools that can be used on a wide variety of materials.
These plumbing tools can be used on a wide variety of materials because they are specially designed to cut, shape and fit pipes of all shapes and sizes. As a result, most plumbers and handymen can find practically any tool they need for most projects in their local DIY centre.
As you can see, plumbers and handymen can find a fine selection of plumbing tools and supplies at their local DIY centre. Always ask the local DIY centre for more information about the plumbing tools and supplies that can help plumbers tackle projects correctly the first time around.
Plumbers who are effectively and charge at a reasonable rate may not be easy to find. However, you manage to find us, the right plumber at the right price. Call our plumbing professionals to attend to your plumbing repair and maintenance work.
When you have a choked toilet bowl and experience the backflow of water supposed to be flushed into the sewage pipes, you would want to avoid further delay. Get our plumbers in immediately to clear the choked toilet bowl.